San Diego Humane Society’s Kitten Nursery cares for thousands of orphaned kittens every year. These neonatal kittens require 24-hour care that is unavailable anywhere else.
Before our kitten nursery program was established in 2008, many kittens this young throughout San Diego county would be euthanized because of a lack of resources required to care for them.
The Kitten Nursery was the first program of its kind and has provided a model for other shelters ever since. Without friends like you we can’t save these tiny kittens, nurture them, and prepare them for loving homes.
Thanks for visiting our Kitten Cam brought to you by Purina.
You never know who or what our Kitten Cam may be highlighting.
It could be a queen and her kittens, a pen full of playful kittens or nap time!
Visit the Kitten Cam regularly to see who might be in the spotlight!
We’re off-season right now so come back next season to view the kitten cuteness!
Kitten Wish List
- Baby wipes (fragrance free)
- Cat toys (ping pong balls, krinkle balls, “mice”, etc.)
- Digital gram scales
- Flat sheets (any size, gently used is okay)
- Food and water dishes
- Heating pads without auto shutoff
- Kitten beds (donut beds at Petco)
- Kleenex (white)
- PetAg Nursing Kits
- Pint size plastic shaker bottles (like Rubbermaid)
- PVC shower pan liner (40 mil, 5’x6′ at Home Depot)
- Receiving blankets
- Kitten food (canned & dry)
- Snuggle Safe Heat Discs
- Soft baby blankets
- Soft hanging toys
- Towels (any size, gently used is okay)
- 18 gallon storage bins
We also have an Amazon Wishlist to support the needs of our kittens.