There are many fun ways for children to help animals at San Diego Humane Society!
Download our packets and make enrichment items at home!
Packets include a service log to earn hours for school.
Great for groups and school projects! Check out the opportunities below and fill out the request form to tell us how you would like to help get animals adopted, raise funds and share our mission.Fill out the request form for Pawsitive Service
- Supply Drive—Plan a supply drive in your community and we will help you with signage, messaging, etc. We will work together to pick one of our programs for you to support (depending on the needs of the shelter at the time).
- Pennies for Pets—Collect pennies (or any type of cash) at school, at your church, through a sports team or in your neighborhood and donate them to San Diego Humane Society.
- Photo Shoot—You will be invited to participate in a photo shoot with the chosen animal, so you can learn about the animal and have photos to share with your friends and family.
- Furry Flyer Distribution— Distribute customized flyers at local coffee shops, recreation centers, schools, churches, etc. We will provide you with the flyers.
- Social Media Campaign—Share the chosen animal’s story via your social media channels. We can provide you with graphics and messaging or you can share directly from our social media channels.
- Pawsitive Promotion—You will be invited to a San Diego Humane Society adoption event to help us promote the event and the animals that are attending. You will support the event by providing pre-promotion via your social media or distributing flyers; making signs for the day of the event; promoting the animals via social media during and after the event; sharing brochures with guests.
- Bake Sale—Conduct a bake sale in your community or at one of our campuses (San Diego, Escondido or Oceanside).
- Parades—Represent San Diego Humane Society along with our staff and volunteers at festive parades around San Diego. We will contact you with information on the next available parade.
Junior Pocket Protectors:
Junior Pocket Protectors (ages 12-17) socialize our small adoptable animals.
- What: Youth ages 12-17 help socialize rabbits, guinea pigs and fancy rats available for adoption, providing them with valuable enrichment during their shelter stay. This program not only provides a great opportunity for youth to have hands-on interaction with animals, but also to earn community service hours.
- When: Held one Thursday a month from 4:00-5:30 p.m. (December – April)
- Cost: $10.00 per child
Register: Reservations are required.
January 25: Register
February 22: Register
March 15: Register
April 26: Register
For more information about Youth Service Opportunities, email [email protected].