This beginner workshop focuses on teaching you how to encourage and develop your dog’s natural scenting abilities by using their desire to hunt and their love of toys, food and exercise. Dog & handler teams learn how to perform basic container & interior searches.
Dog Ages: 18 weeks or older
Schedule: 1 time session 90 minutes in length
- No experience necessary
- All dogs work one at a time and will be crated or placed in an x-pen during their down time.
- It is important for dogs to rest, as scent work is mentally and physically challenging.
- Dogs must be capable of handling confinement during the class, crated away or near handler.
- No dogs with any aggression towards people.
San Diego Humane Society group training classes/workshops are for friendly dogs and their owners. We only uses positive training methods and training tools including the use of food as a reward and do not support the use of aversive training tools such as choke chains, prong collars, and shock collars.
San Diego Humane Society group training classes are not meant for:
- Dogs who have growled, snapped or bit a person.
- Dogs who exhibit aggression or other behavioral issues.
Enrolling in this class confirms that your dog will meet the above listed prerequisites. Not sure if this is right class for you? Call us at 619-299-7012 ext 2247.